The basics of personal injury law
When somebody has been injured or killed as the result of negligence, it is the right of that person or their family to seek compensation. With the assistance of a San Francisco personal injury attorney, all cases can be investigated thoroughly to determine how injury or fatality occurred and who should be held responsible.
The legal team at The Law Office of Kevin Sullivan understands that after an accident or injury occurs due to someone else’s negligence, most people will require extensive treatment including hospitalization, rehabilitation therapy and in some cases round-the-clock nursing care. Our goal is to ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Some of the most common types of personal injury cases include:
- Car, truck and motorcycle accidents – Did another driver cause the accident? Were they speeding, texting, talking on a phone, eating or not paying attention?
- Commercial vehicle accidents – The truck company, the driver and possibly others may be held accountable.
- Slip and fall cases and other premises liability issues – Were you injured from a condition that the property owner knew about or should have been aware of?
- Pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents – Pedestrians and bicyclists are completely exposed. Pedestrians have the right of way in many instances.
- Dog bite and dangerous animal injuries – Animal owners are responsible for their animal’s conduct
Unfortunately, each of these instances can cause injuries ranging from a simple broken bone to more complex spinal cord injuries and in too many cases even death. We understand that no amount of compensation will make up for the injuries you have suffered, however the compensation can provide your family with the financial security they need while you were on the road to recovery. In addition, those who are responsible for your injuries are required to pay all of your medical expenses including pain medication, rehabilitation costs and hospitalization costs.
If you or someone you love has been injured or has died as the result of the negligence of a third party, contact The Law office of Kevin Sullivan for a consultation. We will work aggressively to see that your recuperation costs are paid for as well as attempting to secure the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries.